Audra McDonald Net Worth
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Income||Actress, singer|
Audra McDonald is an American actress and singer. McDonald made his debut as a substitute for Ayah’s role in the 1992 production of “The Secret Garden”. She then played Carrie Pipperidge in “Carousel” from 1994 to 1995, winning her first Tony Award. Audra McDonald starred as Sarah in “Ragtime” (1997), Sharon Graham in “Master Class” (1995), and Lucy, The Beggar Woman in “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” (2000). Audrey’s first film was in 1996’s “Seven Servants”. She played the role of Grace Farrell in the TV ad for the 1999 musical “Annie”. She played Professor Carla Bonatelle in the 2006 WB series “The Bedford Diaries”. Audra worked on ABC’s “Private Practice” from 2007 to 2013. Audra McDonald won her fourth Tony for the role of Ruth Younger in the 2004 production of A Raisin in the Sun. McDonald received a Primetime Emmy nomination for repeating her role in the 2008 ABC adaptation. Audra had a Tony-winning performance as Billy Holiday in “Porgy and Base” (2011) and Billie Holiday in “Lady Day at Emerson Bar and Grill” (2014). Audra received a Tony nomination for playing Frankie in “Frankie and Johnny” in the Clair de Lune “(2019). Audra’s appeared in “It Runs in the Family” (2003), “The Best Thief in the World” (2004), and “Rampart” (2011). In 2013, Audra played Mother Abbess in NBC’s “The Sound of Music Live!” and starred in the concert special “Audra McDonald: Go Back Home.” At the age of 28, she became the youngest person to win three Tony and she has won more Tony than any other actor and is the only person to have won in four different acting categories. McDonald’s was awarded the American Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award in 2012. In 2016, she was honored by President Barack Obama with the National Medal of the Arts for “lighting up Broadway as one of its brightest stars.”
Audra McDonald Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth 2022||$8 Million|
|Net Worth 2021||$7.5 Million|
|Net Worth 2020||$7 Million|
|Net Worth 2019||$6.5 Million|
|Net Worth 2018||$5 Million|
|Net Worth 2017||$4 Million|
Audra McDonald Wiki
|Real Name||Audra Ann McDonald|
|Profession||Actor and Singer|
|Date of Birth||July 03, 1970|
|Age||51 years old|
|Birthplace||West Berlin, Germany|
|Parents Name||Father – Stanley McDonald Jr. (High School Principal)
Mother – Anna Kathryn (University Administrator)
|Siblings||Alison McDonald (Younger Sister) (Television & Film Director and Writer)|
|Husband||Will Swenson (2012-Present)|
|Children||Zoe Madeline Donovan, Sally James McDonald-Swenson|
|School||Roosevelt High School|
How Old Is Audra MCDONALD?
Audra McDonald was born on July 3, 1970. Audra McDonald is 51 years old.
Audra McDonald Biography
Audra Ann McDonald is an American actress and singer. Audra McDonald was born on 3 July 1970 in West Berlin, Germany. Her American parents, Anna and Stanley, served as university administrators and high school principals, respectively. When Audra was born, Stanley was serving in the US Army in Germany. MacDonald grew up in Fresno, California with his younger sister Alison, a director, producer, and screenwriter. During her youth, Audra performed with the junior company of Good Company Players. McDonald was educated at Theodore Roosevelt High School. She graduated from the Roosevelt School of the Arts program in 1988. In 2018, the Roosevelt Auditorium has renamed the Audra MacDonald Theater. After high school, Audra studied classical sound at the Julliard School in New York City, from which she graduated in 1993. She is one of the most famous theater actresses of all time, having won six Tony awards. She has appeared in numerous Broadway productions such as “Carousel” (1994-1995), “Ragtime” (1998), “A Resin in the Sun” (2004), and “Porgy and Base” (2012). McDonald’s has received numerous nominations for the NAACP Image Award. Audra is best known for her performances on the Broadway stage. As a singer, Audra has led many international orchestras and appeared on many of the world’s greatest stages.
Who Is Audra McDonald Husband?
Audrey married bassist Peter Donovan on September 10, 2000, and welcomed their daughter Zoe (born February 14, 2001) before divorcing her in 2009. Peter Donovan is an actor, known for Rawhead Rex (1986), Les roses de Dublin (1981), and BBC2 Playhouse (1973). On October 6, 2012, Audra married Will Swenson. They have a daughter named Sally James McDonald-Swenson. Will Swenson is an American actor and singer.
What Is the Height of Audra MCDONALD?
|Height in feet||5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm|
|Weight in Kilograms||61 kg or 134.5 lbs|
|Shoe Size||5.5 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 US|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Audra McDonald Social Media
Facts About Audra McDonald
- In addition to acting and singing, Audra has given many solo performances in stage productions.
- She is the first person to win a Tony Award in all 4 acting categories.
- Audra made her debut at the Houston Grand Opera in 2006 with Francis Poulenc’s La Voix humaine.
Audra McDonald Favorite Things
- Hobbies: Acting, Singing
- Favorite Food: Fast Food
- Favorite Destination: Los Angles
- Favorite Color: Black, White
- Dessert: Chocolate peanut butter
- Musical Theatre Album: Chicago
- TV Show: Orange Is the New Black
- Movie: A Star Is Born (1954)
Audra McDonald Movies and TV Series
- 2021 Ohio State Murders as Suzanne
- 2020 An Evening With Audra McDonald
- 2020 Song of Rapa Nui as Narrator
- 2020 The Metropolitan Opera: The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess as Self – Host
- 2018 Leonard Bernstein Centennial Celebration at Tanglewood as Host
- 2018 Every Act of Life as Self
- 2017 Beauty and the Beast as Madame Garderobe
- 2016 Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas as Caroler
- 2016 Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill as Billie Holliday
- 2015 Josh Groban: Stages Live as Herself
- 2010 Sondheim! The Birthday Concert as Herself
- 2009 Johnny Mercer: The Dream’s on Me as Performer
- 2008 A Raisin in the Sun as Ruth Younger
- 2007 Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny as Jenny Smith
- 2006 Audra McDonald Sings the Movies for New Year’s Eve
- 2004 The Best Thief In The World as Ruth
- 2003 It Runs in the Family as Sarah Langley
- 2002 Wonderful Town as Eileen
- 2001 Wit as Susie Monahan
- 2022 The Gilded Age (1 episode) as Dorothy Scott
- 2021 The Bite (6 episodes) as Rachel
- 2020 Central Park (1 episode) as Ashley (voice)
- 2017 The Good Fight (40 episodes) as Elizabeth “Liz” Reddick-Lawrence
- 2014 BoJack Horseman (2 episodes) as Mother Superior (voice)
- 2014 The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (1 episode) as Self
- 2007 Private Practice (76 episodes) as Naomi Bennett
- 2006 Kidnapped (3 episodes)
- 2006 The Megan Mullally Show (1 episode)
- 005 Grey’s Anatomy (1 episode) as Dr. Naomi Bennett
- 2004 The Tony Danza Show (1 episode)
- 2003 Mister Sterling (10 episodes)
- 1999 Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2 episodes) as Audrey Jackson
Audra McDonald Photoshoot
FAQ About Audra McDonald
Who is Audra McDonald?
Audra McDonald is an American actress and singer.
What is the birthdate of Audra McDonald?
Audra McDonald was born on July 03, 1970.
What is the net worth of Audra McDonald?
Audra McDonald net worth is $8 Million.
How Old Is Audra McDonald?
Audra McDonald is 51 years old.
Who Is Audra McDonald Husband?
On October 6, 2012, Audra married Will Swenson.