Skip to content
Jerome H. Powell : Best Quotes, Captions
- More regulation is not the best answer to every problem.
- There is certainly a role for regulation, but regulation should always take into account the impact that it has on markets, a balance that must be constantly weighed.
- As long as global financial conditions normalize in an orderly fashion, EMEs should have sufficient time to adjust.
- We do take seriously our obligation to assess whether our reforms are achieving their desired effects without imposing unnecessary burden.
- Businesses and households react to lower rates by investing and spending more. Lower rates also support the prices of housing and financial assets such as stocks and bonds.
- Community banks are a crucial part of our economy and the fabric of our society.
- The financial crisis involved significant failures in the functioning, regulation, and supervision of OTC derivatives markets.
- The Congress has tasked the Federal Reserve with achieving stable prices and maximum employment – the dual mandate.
- I am unable to think of any critical, complex human activity that could be safely reduced to a simple summary equation.
- Emerging market economies have long grappled with the challenges posed by large and volatile cross-border capital flows.